Sunday, June 30, 2013

Coral Beginnings




It has been Ages since I've sewn something, and today was the day to break the dry spell.  I feel like I searched all of last year to find this shade of fabric without any luck.  And then this spring I just stumbled upon it at Wal-Mart of all places.  The plan is for it to become my next shirt-dress, although progress is a little slow.  After a day of work I only have a bodice and partially finished sleeves.  But since this isn't a race (sewing is supposed to be a hobby after all--not work), I'll try to be content with the pace.

FYI: I trace my patterns onto tissue paper, shown above.  That way I'm preserving my pattern so that I have room to grow--literally.  Or, from another perspective, more opportunity to share the pattern with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment